1. CCTV Cameras should be installed in all places (corridors, washrooms, class rooms, staircase) along with close uninterrupted surveillance by a committee comprising of staff and parents.
2. Live stream of the CCTV footage should be made available to parents.
3. No adult should be allowed to use the washrooms dedicated to kids, except for the assigned attendants. Additional measures should be taken so that these attendants do not become the security threats themselves.
4. Counselors should talk to these attendants regularly.
5. Background checks and police verification of all the staff members (teaching/non-teaching, male/female) must be made available to parents.
6. Schools should be heavily fined if background checks and police verification are not done.
7. Outside workers (such as laborers) must not be allowed in the campus during school hours.
8. Self defense classes should be made mandatory for both boys and girls.
9. A Child Abuse Prevention Committee should be appointed including staff and parents to tackle local issues. Such committee members should be allowed to make random visits.
10. Child counselor should be a full time employee in every school and she/he should talk to every child regularly.
11. Counselor for staff to gauge their mental health should also be appointed.
12. Children (right from pre-primary levels) should be given basic education related to child abuse in the language that they can understand. For example, telling them about their private parts, safe and unsafe touches etc.
13. Safety audits should be conducted on regular intervals to ensure all of the above measures are in place. If a school fails the safety audit, it should be penalized heavily.